Theme Parks and places to visit with Kids
A day out at a theme park and other top attractions normally mean a very early start in the morning and a very long and tiring day
What better way to travel to any of the UK’s best visitor sites and theme park than by motorhome
Our motorhome hire service allows you to travel in comfort and style while making the most of your day out and your family can relax on your route home
Here are a list of some of the best theme parks and in the UK to visit
1. Kielder Water and Forest Park, Kielder, NE48 1ER – 0845 155 0236
(You can stay onsite as there are touring pitches. It is supposed to be good for children).
2. Diggerland Durham, Riverside Industrial Estate, Durham, DH7 9TT – 0871 227 7007
(There is a campsite 7 miles away from Diggerland called Durham Grange Caravan Club, Meadow lane, Durham, DH1 1TL – 0191 384 4778)
3. York – We have personally been to the railway museum and spent many a day and night in York, it’s great and loads of sights to see….
(There is a campsite a few miles from the city centre called Sheriff Hutton Camping and Caravanning Club, Bracken Hill, Sheriff Hutton, YO60 6QG – 01347 878660).
4. Flamingo Land, Kirby, Misperton, Malton, YO17 6UX – 0800 408 8840
(There is a touring part in the park, you can actually stay on site in the Motorhome).
5. Drayton Manor, Fazeley, Mile Oak, Tamworth, B78 3TW – 0844 4721950
(There is a campsite at Drayton Manor, it is called Drayton Manor camping and Caravanning Club Site – 01827 260617).
6. Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB – 0871 222 3330
(There is a campsite 1 mile from the park, it is called Alton, The Star Camping and Caravanning Club Site, ST10 3DW – 01538 702219).
7. Legoland, Windsor, SL4 4AY – 0871 222 2001
This is only 10 miles from Thorpe Park.
(There is a campsite in Chertsey called Chertsey Camping and Caravanning Club, Bridge Road, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 8JX – 01932 562405). This campsite is only a 30 minute train ride to London).
1. Edinburgh Castle – Casterhill, Edinburgh, EH1 2NG – 0131 225 9846
(There is a campsite we recommend that is close to Edinburgh, allowing you various travelling options into the City Centre by public transport, so you can enjoy spending the day walking about the busy City Centre, taking in all the sights. Mortonhall Caravan and Camping Club, 38 Mortonhall Gate, Frogston Road East, Edinburgh, EH16 6TJ – 0131 664 3137
This is approx. 7 miles from our yard in Newtongrange.
2. East Links Family Park – West Barns, Dunbar, EH42 1XF – 01368 863607
(There is a campsite 4 miles from the family park – Dunbar Camping and Caravanning Club, Oxwellmains, Dunbar, EH42 1WG, 01368 866881).
Park is approx. 26 miles from our yard in Newtongrange.
Family Park with Narrow Gauge Railway, Go Karts, Trampolines, Adventure Golf, Small Animal Barn and Café.
3. The Helix – A9, Falkirk, FK2 9EE – 01324 590900
(There is a campsite 8 miles away – Beecraigs Caravan and Camping Site, Linlithgow, Eh49 9PL – 01506 844516)
The Helix is approx. 30 miles from our yard in Newtongrange.
Kelpies Tour, Water Activities, Adventure Zone and Splash Play, Visitor Centre and food and drink places
4. Blair Drummond Safari Park – Lime Avenue, Stirling, FK9 4UR – 01786 841456
(There is a campsite next to the Safari Park – The Blair Drummond Caravan Park, Cuthil Brae, Stirling, FK9 4UP – 01786 841208)
Safari Park is approx. 50 miles from our yard in Newtongrange.
Safari Park, Chimp Island, Lemur Land, African Elephants, Brids of Prey, Pet Farm, Rides and Amusements, Restaurants and Eating Establishments.
5. M&Ds Theme Park – Strathclyde Country Park, Bellshill, Motherwell, ML1 3RT – 01698 333777
(There is a campsite is 0.5 miles from the Theme Park – Strathclyde Country Park Caravan Club Site, Bothwellhaugh Road, Bothwell, Glasgow, G71 8NY – 01698 853300 – Non members welcome)
This is approx. 45 miles from our yard in Newtongrange.
Theme/Amusement park with rides and roller coasters for all ages, Indoor Tropical Rainforest (unique in Scotland), Bowling Alley, Devils Island Adventure Golf, Krazy Congo Soft Play, mini trampolines and various food and drink places and much more.
For more information about travelling to any of these top attractions and our motorhome hire service, contact the team at Lowland today