Can I Drive A Motorhome | Motorhome Hire | Lowland | Edinburgh | UK
Tel: +44 (0)131 629 1920
+44 (0)131 629 1920
Luxurious Motorhome Hire Scotland
Lowlandmotorhomehire logo

A quick overview of what Lowland Motorhome Hire need from you to answer the question – Can I Drive A Motorhome

Our Main Requirement

  • Are you over 21 and under 75 years of age? (21-24 years subject to higher damage excess).
  • Have you had at least 2 years driving experience on a full driving licence?

UK Driving Licence Criteria ONLY

If you have a UK driving licence, we are required to check the counterpart of your licence stored on the DVLA website. Please generate a unique DVLA code (please be advised it is case sensitive and is a mixture of small and large letters and sometimes numbers) – and do not try the code yourself to see if it works, as it makes it invalid. It is a one time code. Bring the exact code with you or print off the counterpart your-self.

If you cannot generate a code yourself, please ensure you bring with you at the collection point , your own National Insurance Number, driving licence number and post code. You NEED to have these to check the DVLA computer system.

We are unable to insure you to drive if we are not able to check with DVLA your counterpart. Your photocard licence it NOT enough.

All paper licences are still valid – but MUST match your home address on your utility bills to fulfil ID checks.

Endorsement, Penalties and Disclaimer FOR ALL

You must declare at the time of booking any endorsements or penalties on your driving licence from the last 5 years.

Any claims or accidents within the last 5 years have to be made known, to ensure you are OK to drive after authorisation from our insurers.

All drivers are subject to insurance approval and there maybe an occasion where LMH Ltd are unable to provide cover for you as a driver based on your driving history.

Restrictions FOR ALL…

  • Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
  • Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
  • Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
  • Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full valid United Kingdom or EU licence for two years or more.
  • Persons who had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer

Insurance and excess Explained

Drivers must be between 21-75 with at least 2 years driving experience on a full driving licence.

We provide fully comprehensive insurance with your rental as well as breakdown cover.

We request £1000 (£1500 for drivers 21-24 years of age) damage excess upon collection and this is the amount the customer would be liable for in the event of an accident or damage occurring per incident regardless of blame.

Then amount of damage excess will be pre-authorised from your credit or debit card at collection of the motorhome.

You are required to have the funds available in your account at the collection point to cover the £1000 (for drivers over 25 years of age) £1500 (for drivers aged 21-24 years of age).

Please note the motorhome cannot and WILL NOT be released until the funds are pre-authorised.

ALL customers need to be fully aware with their level of liability i.e. you are liable for the first £1000 (£1500 for 21-24years) of damage to the motorhome in the event of any accident or damage occurring (per incident. This is why we always advise you have adequate travel/holiday insurance to cover you.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the team at Lowland Motorhome Hire today