Coronavirus Update from The Lowland Motorhome Hire team
LMH Ltd as a small family business took the moral decision to withhold the commencement of any hires until Saturday 1st August 2020. We have family that have been shielding since March and we do not want to risk the chance of carrying the virus to them or people in the same position.
We also hope the tourism and hospitality industry has managed to find its feet in the last 2 weeks and have put all safety measures possible in place to help protect Scotland from this dreaded virus as much as possible.
As we prepare to reopen after a full 4-month lockdown, COVID has left us slightly hesitant and apprehensive to what lies ahead in the remainder of 2020. Our business has seen some extremely challenging times and we have had to make some sad and hard decisions to aid us in the rescue mission that lies ahead for the remainder of this year and for the years to come.
LMH is welcoming appointments ONLY and sadly we cannot let people walk into our office or enter and look around our motorhomes as freely as we would have previously. Apologies, but our customers remain our top priority, so we are at this time closed for general walk ins.
There will also be some changes to our normal working practice due to COVID-19.
• We have a secure workplace in line with our Government Procedures.
• We have a comprehensive COVID risk assessment in place.
• We have completed the COVID industry standard assessment and were successful in passing the ‘We’re are good to go’ certification.
• Social distancing must still be adhered to and we ask that ALL our customers wear face masks for collection and returns of the motorhomes. Health exemptions will apply, but for all our safety, we ask that face masks are worn at all times on our premises.
• Customers must stay in their car until we ask them to enter the office (where a vehicle is present).
• Customers on arrival will be requested to wash their hands with alcohol gel and keep social distancing.
• Only 1 person (driver) in the office or present during the handover. All other adults and children must be secured in the car (if available) until the motorhome has been handed over safely to you
in line with COVID procedures.
• Toilets will no longer be available, they are for LMH staff only at this unprecedented time. Customers will have to use their hired motorhome toilet.
• Deep cleaning of the motorhome will be normal as was always the standard in our company. All motorhome interior surfaces, appliances, floors, drivers cab, kitchen utensils will be treated with antibacterial products. All bedding and towels are washed after each hire whether they were used or not. Motorhome exterior washed with professional cleaning materials.
• All soft furnishings and visitor leaflets have been removed – all non-essential items need to be removed to prevent the spread of the virus.
• Handover packs are now fully laminated and will be wiped down using antibacterial spray after each hire.
• Hand sanitising facilities.
• 1 x bottle of hand sanitiser, 1 pair of gloves and 1 face mask provided as a good will gesture for initial period.
• A campsite guide for Scotland will be given to all customers.
• ALL utensils will be fully removed after each hire and cleaned in line with COVID safety procedures.
• Personal details of ALL travelling party will need to be obtained and held for the stipulated 21 days for NHS/COVID reasons (test and protect purposes).
Most campsites in Scotland reopened on the 15th July.
Some campsites have taken the difficult decision to remain closed for the remainder of 2020.
The campsites that have reopened, some have full facilities as normal but with social distancing and risk measures in place. You may be allocated a showering slot for you and your family.
Sadly, some have no or limited facilities. Their toilet blocks and communal showering/wash areas are remaining closed due to COVID safety reasons.
Campsites with onsite bars and restaurants – Some have reopened these facilities, but they are on limited allocation. Some play parks are open, others may not be open. Each campsite has made their decisions, so we ask that all customers respect these decisions.
At this current time swimming pools will remain closed until further announcements
Data use – All customers details held by LMH will only be used for the purpose of any rental and will not be passed to any 3rd party unless it is directly connected to a rental i.e. NHS COVID reasons, Police, insurance company, charge notices.
No refunds for early returns.
Charges will apply for late returns.
ALL customers are morally obliged to follow the local news regarding COVID. If there is a further risk of a full lockdown or regional lockdowns, customer have to make their way back to our premises as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, you can book with us by emailing:
OR contacting +44 (0) 131 629 1920.
Motorhome viewings are purely by appointment only and under strict social distancing rules.
Karen and Iain