To help with your motorhome holiday adventure, the team at Lowland Motorhome Hire have prepared a Holiday Checklist for you to ensure you get the most out of your adventure on the open road
As part of your Holiday Checklist, we provide:
Optional Extras for a small charge
* Baby/Booster and/or Child Seat
* Extra Driver
Cost Getting to and from our location…Please note prices may change – these prices are as at January 2021
- Edinburgh Airport Transfer – Us collecting you from arrivals hall in Edinburgh Airport, or dropping off at airport – £60 each way (not per person)
- Edinburgh City Centre Transfer – £36 each way (Campanda customers amount differs)
- OR use of Public Transport
- Tram from Airport to Edinburgh £6.50 per adult and £3.30 per child for single fare (or £9.00 adult and £4.80 child open return)
- Airport Bus (service no 100) from Airport to Edinburgh £4.50 per adult and £2 per child single far (or £7.50 adult and £3.00 child open return).
- Bus from Edinburgh City Centre to our location – number 29 – £1.80 per adult and £0.90 per child
- ALWAYS GET OFF THE BUS IN THE VILLAGE OF NEWTONGRANGE AT THE STATION ROAD BUS STOP OPPOSITE SCOTMID – NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH ESKBANK IN DALKEITH.
What you need….
- Groceries and general supplies can be bought locally. We have a 24 hours supermarket open one miles from our location (Tesco on A7).
- Shops are generally open 7 days a week in the UK. Although remote towns and villages may differ and have shorter hours.
- Soft luggage bags are more practical to bring on your trip as they are easier to store in the Motorhome than hard shelled suitcases. Always take into consideration limited storage in some of the motorhomes. Pack for the Scottish weather.
Please note storage of suitcases can be provided if required.
• A valid drivers licence is a MUST for all named drivers
• UK drivers – 3 forms of identification for insurance purposes (4 if you do NOT have a photocard licence). We cannot insure you if you fail to provide 3/4 forms of ID. Current valid photocard driving licence (if you have an old paper licence, we will also need a valid passport for photographic ID), and 2 x proofs of address (dated within 3 months of hire start date) that must match your driving licence address and DVLA code. Non UK licence holders/residents – 4 forms of identification for insurance purposes. Current valid driving licence, valid photographic ID and then 2 x proofs of address. (dated within 3 months of hire start date)
• A valid credit/debit card to preauthorise the damage excess and cleaning fee. Please ALWAYS contact your bank prior to your arrival to advise we will be preauthorising these funds on your card. An admin fee may be applied for delays in contacting banks and card being declined.
• Sunglasses for driving
• Money/Currency. £GBP for UK travel
• Mobile phone for security purposes.
• 240v travel adaptor
• We ALWAYS recommend our customers obtain adequate travel insurance to cover any circumstances arising leading to medical matters, a cancellation and for security against theft of personal belongings’. Ensure the policy covers the hire of a motorhome. If not, rental/damage insurance may be an option for protection against damage to the motorhome which could result in you losing your damage excess. Please ALWAYS ensure you have adequate medical cover for you and your family.
If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact the team at Lowland Motorhome Hire today