This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
At LMH Ltd, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We want this policy to reassure you that we are completely committed to keeping your information safe.
How do we collect information from you?
When you confirm a motorhome hire with us, we ask you to provide us with details which contains your personal information. We also invite you to send and/or provide us with further personal information prior to your holiday/collection of the motorhome.
If you provide us with your bank or credit card details then we will securely shred this information after we have used it.
How is your information used?
The personal information that you provide is only used for legal, administrative and insurance purposes and forms part of the contract between LMH Ltd and you, the customer. When you collect the motorhome, you provide us with proof of identity for our insurers, your name and address and identification documents are held securely. We do not pass on any further personal information about you except our insurer or a legal departmental body if requested. This can be used in the event of a speeding/parking ticket, accident and/or for any legal matter(s) if they ever should arise.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Who has access to your information?
All your information is held securely at the registered office or trading premises of LMH Ltd. This information can only be accessed by LMH Ltd personal.
LMH Ltd do not (and never will) sell on your information or pass it to third parties without your agreement.
Security procedures in place
All paperwork is securely held at LMH Ltd registered or trading offices.
In the event any electronic records are kept on computers, they will be accessible only by the owners and employees of LMH Ltd. Appropriate security is in place to protect computers. Any personal information on paperwork will be securely shred after your hire has concluded – once the appropriate time has lapsed to ensure no legal matters have arisen whilst on hire i.e. speeding, parking tickets.
How can you access and update your info?
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
How long do we keep the information?
Information is kept on you after your hire as it is part of the contractual records needed. This information is archived.
Karen McWilliams and Iain Peacock